NAF, UN say reports of helicopter shot down by Boko Haram are false

NAF, UN say reports of helicopter shot down by Boko Haram are false

<p class="">The reports that a helicopter was shot down and five people died have been dismissed as false.</p>

<h1>Spokesperson of the Nigeria Air Force (NAF), Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola, has dismissed reports that a helicopter was shot down by terrorists in Borno State.</h1>

<p class="">Some media organisations had reported that the helicopter was shot down by Boko Haram jihadists in the Banki area of Borno early on Tuesday, November 17, 2020.</p>

<p class="">The helicopter was reported to have had Nigerien details, and five people were reported dead.</p>

<p class="">However, Air Commodore Daramola said on Tuesday evening that no helicopter was shot down.</p>

<p class="">He said a helicopter belonging to the United Nations (UN) had been on a mission to Banki and made a successful return to Maiduguri, Borno State capital.</p>

<p class=""><em>"No helicopter was shot down. No helicopter crashed in Borno State today,"</em> he said.</p>

<p class="">The UN’s Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs in Nigeria (OCHA) also dismissed the report late on Tuesday.</p>

<p class=""><em>"Please refrain from sharing any unconfirmed information,"</em> the agency said.</p>

<figure class="embedded_application" align="center"> <figcaption>twitter.com</figcaption> </figure>

<p class="">Boko Haram has killed tens of thousands of people and displaced millions from their communities since the group’s insurgency escalated in 2009.</p>

5,229
Like
Save

Comments

Write a comment

*