Buhari Campaign Director withdraws case against Plateau APC

Buhari Campaign Director withdraws case against Plateau APC

click photo for more information
Buhari Campaign Director withdraws case against Plateau APC
<p class="">Mr Johnson Podar, National Director (Mobilisation), of the Buhari Campaign Organisation (BCO), has withdrawn the case he instituted against the Plateau chapter of the APC over alleged injustice during the party’s state congress.</p> <h1>Podar, in the case filed at the State High Court, Bukuru, sought the nullification of the state congress that brought the […]
8
69

<p class="">Mr Johnson Podar, National Director (Mobilisation), of the Buhari Campaign Organisation (BCO), has withdrawn the case he instituted against the Plateau chapter of the APC over alleged injustice during the party’s state congress.</p>

<h1>Podar, in the case filed at the State High Court, Bukuru, sought the nullification of the state congress that brought the current state executive council into office, on the grounds that the said congress was not conducted according to APC’s stipulated guidelines.</h1>

<p class="">Podar, from Fier Ward in Pankshin Local Government, claimed that he had signified interest in contesting for the state chairmanship seat, and paid the N100,000 fee for the nomination form.</p>

<p class="">According to him, after submitting the nomination form, he embarked on campaigns for the election, but was not allowed to contest for the seat.</p>

<p class=""><em>“When we convened at the congress venue on May 19, 2018, it was announced that two persons were contesting for the post of state chairman, but that the incumbent, Mr Dabang Letep, would be returned opposed because his challenger (Podar), had been disqualified because his name is not in the APC register.</em></p>

<p class=""><em>“Summarily, Letep was called upon to stand before the congress as the sole contestant.</em></p>

<p class=""><em>“I repeatedly raised my hand to observe a point of order but was not given audience to be heard on the matter,</em>’’ he claimed in the affidavit.</p>

<p class="">Angered by that injustice, Podar dragged the party to court seeking that the said election be cancelled, while any action taken by the executive council members should be nullified.</p>

<p class="">Defendants in the case included the APC and Letep, as first and second respondents, respectively.</p>

<p class="">The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), reports that hearing on the case commenced last year with Podar represented by Mr Samuel Abba, while the respondents were represented by Mr Chindak Dakas.</p>

<p class="">NAN also reports that at the last hearing date in December 2019, Justice Ishaku Kunda adjourned the case to Feb. 7, 2019.</p>

<p class="">But Podar, in a motion on notice filed by his counsel, Abba, declared his intention to withdraw the case, and urged Justice Kunda to strike it out.</p>

<p class="">Ms Vivian Michael, litigation secretary in his law firm, in an affidavit in support of the motion on notice, said that Podar, after interactions with major stakeholders of the APC, had lost interest in further prosecution of the suit.</p>

<p class=""><em>“Since the appellant has lost interest in the case, we want the court to strike it out; this is without any prejudice to the respondents,’</em>’ she averred.</p>

<p class="">Speaking to NAN on why he took the action, Podar said that he acted <em>“out of sheer respect for Mr President, the Plateau Governor and other stakeholders’’.</em></p>

<p class="">He dismissed allegations that he had been paid to withdraw the case.</p>

<p class=""><em>“I have not received one naira from anyone. Let anyone, who has given me anything in respect of this matter, come out in public and say it.</em></p>

<p class=""><em>“I chose to file the case in the interest of justice; I have also decided to withdraw it because of  pressure from the presidency and other respected members of the party.</em></p>

<p class=""><em>“I have decided to put the interest of the party above the personal injustice I suffered. It is a huge sacrifice, but I am prepared to make it as a loyal party man.</em></p>

<p class=""><em>“Stakeholders have appealed to me. They have argued that the case could distract the party from focusing on the task of winning the forthcoming elections. I have thought about that and resolved to withdraw the case to allow for total concentration in the onerous task of winning the polls,’</em>’ he said. </p>

Election Postponement: INEC lifts ban on campaign

click photo for more information
Election Postponement: INEC lifts ban on campaign
The Independent National Electoral Commission (lNEC) on Monday lifted the ban on political parties not to campaign after it postponed the election by one week. Related
0
9

New Music: Ric Hassani – Love You Anyway

click photo for more information
New Music: Ric Hassani – Love You Anyway
Here’s a brand new single by popular Nigerian artist, Ric Hassani titled “Love You Anyway“. The song was produced, mixed & mastered by Vtek, and Guitars by Kenneth Godwin & Osan Oladeji Ede. Enjoy! https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/RH-Anyway-MASTER.mp3 Download The post New Music: Ric Hassani – Love You Anyway appeared first on BellaNaija – Nigeria breaking & top […]
8
7

Regina King is Gorgeous on the cover of Vanity Fair’s Award Extra Magazine

click photo for more information
Regina King is Gorgeous on the cover of Vanity Fair’s Award Extra Magazine
It’s Regina King season and we’re here for it. The 48-year old actress is on the cover of Vanity Fair‘s Awards Extra issue and she’s dishing on her recent HUGE awards sweep, her journey in Hollywood and more. Read excerpts below. On living Oscar season firsthand: “It is very cool to be 47 and [have] this […]
0
8

Election Postponement: INEC approves Resumption of Campaigns

click photo for more information
Election Postponement: INEC approves Resumption of Campaigns
Pic.36. Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, addressing a stakeholders meeting on 2019 General Elections’ postponement, in Abuja on Saturday (16/2/19).01462/16/2/2019/Sumaila Ibrahim/BJO/NAN Political parties and their candidates can now continue to campaign until midnight, Thursday 21st of February, INEC has said. The decision to issue go-ahead to political parties to continue campaign […]
0
6

Multiple Reports claim Jussie Smollett May Have Staged Attack

click photo for more information
Multiple Reports claim Jussie Smollett May Have Staged Attack
Jussie Smollett Multiple platforms are reporting that “Empire” star Jussie Smollett may have paid two men to orchestrate the attack on him that he reported to police in January. Smollett has repeatedly denied staging the attack, according to statements from his attorneys. The two men, Nigerian brothers, Abimbola “Abel” and Olabinjo “Ola” Osundairo were arrested […]
0
7

Goodluck Jonathan sues for peace, urges voters to resist vote buying

click photo for more information
Goodluck Jonathan sues for peace, urges voters to resist vote buying
<p class="">Jonathan said this at a meeting with Niger Delta Youth Leaders on Monday in Yenagoa, Bayelsa atate.</p> <h3>Former President, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, on Monday tasked Nigerians to embrace peace and shun violence ahead of the rescheduled general elections.</h3> <p class="">Jonathan, who was in Bayelsa, his home state at the weekend for the polls earlier […]
7
8

Masari assures Buhari of 3 million votes despite election postponement

click photo for more information
Masari assures Buhari of 3 million votes despite election postponement
<p class="">According to Masari, the postponement of the elections will not change the position of Katsina people.</p> <h2>Gov. Aminu Masari of Katsina state says the postponed elections will not affect the promise made by Katsina people to deliver three million votes for re-election bid of President Muhammadu Buhari on Feb. 23.</h2> <p class="">The<strong> Independent National […]
5
6

Mike Ozekhome criticises Buhari for threatening ballot box snatchers with death

click photo for more information
Mike Ozekhome criticises Buhari for threatening ballot box snatchers with death
<p class="">Buhari, on Monday, February 18, 2019, said those who are planning to snatch ballot boxes should be ready to pay with their lives.</p> <h2>Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), Mike Ozekhome has criticised President Buhari for threatening ballot box snatchers with death.</h2> <p class="">Buhari, on Monday, February 18, 2019, said those who are planning to […]
0
7

Activist Deji Adeyanju granted bail

click photo for more information
Activist Deji Adeyanju granted bail
Mr Adeyanju was arrested on December 13. The post Activist Deji Adeyanju granted bail appeared first on Premium Times Nigeria. Related
0
10

” What An Irresponsible President You Are” – Nigerians Say As They Fire Heavy Shots At Buhari Following His ‘Shoot On Sight’ Order

click photo for more information
” What An Irresponsible President You Are” – Nigerians Say As They Fire Heavy Shots At Buhari Following His ‘Shoot On Sight’ Order
Following President Muhammadu Buhari’s statement that anybody caught trying to a snatch ballot box during the 2019 presidential election slated for 18th February be shot at sight, Nigerians have been on social media reacting. He made this declaration during the All Progressive Congress (APC) emergency (Caucus) meeting which took place at the party’s national secretariat, […]
42
11

#FreeBusForDemocracy: Former Aide To Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan Said Their Would Be Free Transport For Electorates On Saturday – See Condition Needed To Be On The Bus

click photo for more information
#FreeBusForDemocracy: Former Aide To Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan Said Their Would Be Free Transport For Electorates On Saturday – See Condition Needed To Be On The Bus
Former aide to ex-president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Reno Omokri, has said that he would provide free transport service to Nigerians on Saturday 23rd of February in order to participate in the much anticipated 2019 presidential election. Reno Omokri who made this known via his Twitter handle said this would be done irrespective of who you […]
0
12

“Stupid Ass And Shameless Thing” – Upcoming Actress Troll Popular Actress, Jumoke Odetola.

click photo for more information
“Stupid Ass And Shameless Thing” – Upcoming Actress Troll Popular Actress, Jumoke Odetola.
Upcoming Yoruba actress simply known as Bewaji has fired heavy shots at top Yoruba movie actress, Jumoke Odetola, over a yet to be ascertained issue. The upcoming actress who took to her Instagram page with ID @Beauty.Bewaji today 18th of February called the beautiful actress a stupid ass and an ugly rag in a long […]
1
11
load more posts